USS Yorktown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Joint Post

Go down

The Joint Post Empty The Joint Post

Post by Admin Mon May 06, 2013 2:40 pm

So I borrowed this from the last sim we did, but its still relevant so I am re-posting here:

Hey guys. There is a couple of new things we will be doing this time around, so please pay careful attention.

This is the first time we have ever implemented the Joint Post, so I am sure it will take some time to perfect. I am currently working on one with Alice right now, so it will be a better demonstration. But whenever a post will contain a playing character other than your own, you must first write out the post with the other person via private message, or email, and then submit it as a post.

Example:

Drexel looked up as the chime on his ready room sounded. Knowing it was probably Lieutenant Davis, he straightened up in his chair. "Enter" he called.

<tag Davis>

*At this point I would send Davis the message. She would copy and paste my part, and then add hers.

Drexel looked up as the chime on his ready room sounded. Knowing it was probably Lieutenant Davis, he straightened up in his chair. "Enter" he called.

Lindsey heard the Captains voice, and entered his office. The lights seemed a little more dim in here than on the bridge. Lindsey smiled when her eyes met the Captain's. "You wanted to see me Sir?" she asked.

<tag Drexel>

* Now Alice would sent this to me, and I repeat the steps.

Lindsey heard the Captains voice, and entered his office. The lights seemed a little more dim in here than on the bridge. Lindsey smiled when her eyes met the Captain's. "You wanted to see me Sir?" she asked.

Arron nodded. "have a seat Lieutenant" <tag Davis>

Arron looked with approval at his Chief Engineer. "You did great work today Lieutenant, your quick thinking saved this ship, and because of that, I have put in a request at Star Fleet Command to award you a special commendation." Arron watched Lindsey's expression. <tag Davis>

"Also" Arron added before Lindsey could speak, "I am here by promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, a long with all the privileges and responsibilities of that office." Arron stood extended his hand. "Congratulations, Commander."

<tag Davis>

"I would suggest celebrating with your friends tonight, and then get ready for tomorrow. A whole new set of challenges await"

<tag Davis>

* Okay as you see here, I tagged Davis with multiple different spots where I need her to respond. I am able to guide the conversation a certain way and yet still leav an oppening for her to write her characters reactions. This prevents me from speaking for her, or making her character operate counter to how she would have preferred. Now Davis can respond, and wrap up the post.

Arron nodded. "have a seat Lieutenant"

Lindsey pulled the chair in front of her out, and sat down, suddenly feeling nervous.

Arron looked with approval at his Chief Engineer. "You did great work today Lieutenant, your quick thinking saved this ship, and because of that, I have put in a request at Star Fleet Command to award you a special commendation." Arron watched Lindsey's expression.

Relief flooded over Lindsey's face. It must have shown.

"Also" Arron added before Lindsey could speak, "I am here by promoting you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, a long with all the privileges and responsibilities of that office." Arron stood extended his hand. "Congratulations, Commander."

Lindsey could not believe her ears. A promotion! "Oh my God. Thank you Sir! Lieutenant Commander....wow. I'm not sure what I should say"

"I would suggest celebrating with your friends tonight, and then get ready for tomorrow. A whole new set of challenges await"

"I will do that Sir! Thank you!" With renewed vigor Lindsey stood to leave the Captains Office. She could not wait to meet her friends in the lounge and tell them the good news"

(make sure the post ends like this)
**This has been a joint post by:

Lt. Commander Lindsey Davis
Chief Engineer
USS Maelstrom

and

Captain Arron Drexel
Commanding Officer
USS Maelstrom

Admin
Captain
Captain