USS Yorktown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Live Sim

3 posters

Go down

The Live Sim Empty The Live Sim

Post by Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Greetings fellow authors!

So now that we have been getting comfortable with our characters, I think the timing is right to try our hand at a live sim!

You guys: But Elijah! Every time we have done this before it ends up being confusing, and complicated!

Me: I know! But this time it will be different!

You guys: Yeah...right, how so?

Me: Well we have had a unique start to our sim, in that we assumed the crew had been together for awhile before we started "Mission 1" So instead of building a story around events that are currently happening, or referring back to things that we don't know how they will end...we can set the story in a time frame prior to mission 1, to a time when Vestara had eyes, David hadn't had his neck split open, Nala and Arron weren't grinding away in the Captains quarters, and Sumo was our friendly first officer. The post will chronicle an adventure of the Yorktown from days gone by, and perhaps along the way we can learn more about these characters we use, the relationships they have forged, and why they are who they are.

The live sim will still feature specific choices that will have certain effects on the ship, the crew, and possibly future missions.

The sim will use Jon's idea of everyone hanging around the bar in Ten Forward, having a drink, celebrating a social event...and will evolve from there.

The live sim will take place in google docs, so that we can use the chat feature, as well as have a place for the sim to develop, and then be edited and posted to the website as a prior mission. In order to participate everyone will need to participate via a laptop or desktop...mobile versions don't allow access to the chat function which will be crucial to us pulling this off.

So what we need now is to find out what day and time we can have the biggest turnout. Please sound off below on what nights, and times you are most likely able to participate. I can probably make just about any night work myself, so I am leaning on you guys!

Admin
Captain
Captain

https://yorktown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Live Sim Empty Re: The Live Sim

Post by Mayne Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Maybe I am in the minority here but I personally loved the quirky live sims we did in the past, they were chaotic, but always good for a laugh...and can I just put it out there, that as a recent divorcee with no love life...I would love to see the above mentioned grinding Wink

Mayne
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Vestara Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 pm

So i havent seen any traction on this! I would like to get it going. A wednesday night would be best for me, but we need more than 3 people to make this work! Where is everyone else?!

Vestara
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum