USS Yorktown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek Into Darkness

+3
Admin
Micheal Luther
Vestara
7 posters

Go down

Star Trek Into Darkness Empty Star Trek Into Darkness

Post by Vestara Thu May 09, 2013 4:55 pm

So who else is excited for this movie?!?! Can't wait to see it, but even more than that, I sure hope they bring a new series back. It's been far too long since Star Trek was on TV :,(

Vestara
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Into Darkness Empty Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Post by Micheal Luther Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 pm

I hope to see it in the IMAX format. I hear the 3D was done in post processing unfortunately, which means its probably garbage. I watched the teaser and have been kicking myself ever since. It practically laid out the entire movie. I feel like i could review it right now based just on the trailer.

I don't think you will get star trek back on TV in high production for a long time frankly. I think a lot of the TV industry are looking towards science fiction models that are more like Battlestar Galactica. You know, less about smart science and more rooted on drama. Vampires, werewolves, teenage witches, zombies, and CSI clones will all have to pass before they take a look at smart sci-fi again i think.

I could be wrong.
Micheal Luther
Micheal Luther
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I would argue that another successful Star Trek movie (there have never been 2 successful ones in row. Ever) would show the powers that be that Star Trek is in demand again. You need to look no further than this sim...largest group we have ever had. Coincidence? No, Trek is back!

Admin
Captain
Captain

https://yorktown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by orrinjelo Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm excited. At first the trailer was as vague as ever, and then they give too much detail? Luckily, when I last saw the extended trailer in the theater, I was too much out of it to pick up on the details, so it's still mostly a mystery to me.
orrinjelo
orrinjelo
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by MystikRaider Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 pm

This will definitely be a movie we go see and drop the kiddos off at their grandparents' house. Since having 2 kids now, only have done that once before and that was on Monday to see Iron Man 3, lol.

MystikRaider
Ensign
Ensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Luther Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 pm

I hear you on the kids. Fortunately I will be out of town when it comes out so it will be easy mode.
Micheal Luther
Micheal Luther
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayne Thu May 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Im going tonight! Holla!

Mayne
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Vestara Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 am

So how was it?

Vestara
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by orrinjelo Sat May 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Well, I saw it this morning. Surprised that the theater was nearly empty, but that may be because it was at 10 in the morning?

Anyways, I still felt in the dark even after the newest trailers, so I was expecting anything. I had a suspicion, though, what it was about. I won't spoil it for you that haven't seen it, but my suspicion was right.

I probably would have rated the first Abrams' Star Trek with a B+. The sequel I'm giving a B-. The first reviews I heard about it put the movie in a negative light, but I found them a bit harsh. The story itself could use a little more focus, but how the story was told was pretty good. I still feel like they put too much focus into explosions and lens flares. Benedict Cumberbatch (plays the possible antagonist) had very convincing acting--not once did I think he was Sherlock Holmes (if you know what I mean). On a plus side, I didn't see Zachary Quento as Sylar either (if you...yeah). Overall, it was an entertaining movie and it was great, but it probably won't make it to my DVD shelf...at least, while I'm poor.
orrinjelo
orrinjelo
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 am

I enjoyed it tremendously. While "prime" Trek is always going to be preferable to me, I have enjoyed this rebooted universe by Abrams. It's fun to see old themes revisited but with some interesting twists. Also my inner nerd geeked out when I saw the Enterprise - NX, Cochranes warp ship (models in the foreground of the Admirals office), and the mention of Section 31. I'm already planning on seeing it again.

Admin
Captain
Captain

https://yorktown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAwesome Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm

I saw it late Saturday night and was very entertained. I think dr who would be disappointed in Mickey becoming a terrorist even if it was only for one time, and their Klingons looked funny, but I had a great time.
TheAwesome
TheAwesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down