USS Yorktown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASA Discovers Hidden Portals in Earth's Upper Atmosphere

Go down

NASA Discovers Hidden Portals in Earth's Upper Atmosphere Empty NASA Discovers Hidden Portals in Earth's Upper Atmosphere

Post by orrinjelo Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 am

Let me preface it with this:  I find the article very much leading, making the reader think that this has substantially something to do with wormholes, but it's not.  This is a phenomenon with magnetic fields, NOT NECESSARILY WORMHOLES.  Will we be able to traverse space with these magnetic portals?  HELL NO.  (And I do mean 'hell no,' not 'heck no.') 

So what does this have to do with wormholes?  These portals come and go, creating "tunnels" of magnetic field between the sun and earth and are very unstable.  Currently, scientists do not have the intuition to explain well how this works, but this sort of behavior is seen with wormholes in the fabric of space-time.  By building the intuition and theory of how these magnetic 'portals' work, it may lead to the same intuition needed to understand wormhole behavior, and potentially learning how to stabilize them.

There is still a lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' to connect the two.  Writing an article that is 75% about wormholes is misleading.  As a physicist, however, hearing about these magnetic 'portals' is exciting; it may lead to a more comprehensive theory in magnetodynamics.  Once again, you have to be careful about how the media covers science.

http://www.telescope.com/NASA-Discovers-Hidden-Portals-in-Earths-Upper-Atmosphere/p/103046.uts?utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=aff&utm_campaign=commission%2Bjunction
orrinjelo
orrinjelo
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum