USS Yorktown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission 1: What COULD have happened.

3 posters

Go down

Mission 1: What COULD have happened.  Empty Mission 1: What COULD have happened.

Post by Admin Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm

So Jon shared an interesting idea with me, that there might be some interest in learning what COULD have happened had people made different decisions.

So here is a brief description of what characters choices were presented to certain characters that changed the outcome of the first mission.

1.Nala - During the Mayne’s attack of the Captains quarters, Nala was given the choice to attack David or Vestara, had she attacked David:

1. Vestara would not have lost her eyes

2. David would not have been rendered unconscious

3. Had everything else progressed as it did, David would not have been killed, and Vestara would have escaped with Sumo

2. Luther  - Was given the option to use the orange or blue vial not knowing which was the antidote, or which was the painkiller.

1.      Had the antidote been used to subdue the Mayne’s – Vestara would have had her mind altering effects canceled, and would have been able to think for herself again.

2.      Luther would not have been able to give the antidote to Nala to pump through the ships life support systems, meaning that while Bradley and Milligan were fighting bravely on the bridge, they would have been over powered and the ship would have fallen under Sumo’s control.

3. Bradley Milligan – Disabled weapons on the bridge before the fight to defend it took place.

1.      He had the choice to shoot first with his hidden phasor, which would have resulted in the Bridge falling to Sumo’s control faster, and with a stronger number of defenders to hold it from a counter attack.

2.      Detonate a photon torpedo while it was inside the ship, to cause chaos and serve as a distraction to take out the bridge attackers. While they would have held the bridge, the explosion would have caught Nala who was a deck below where the aft torpedo launcher is – putting the antidote in the ships life support system, she would have been paralyzed as a result of the damage.

4. Thoris ch’Tell – Sided with Drexel and fought alongside Bradley to hold the bridge.  

1.      Could have sided with the mutiny, and locked down the bridge for Sumo to have control, Drexel would have had his supporters gather on the battlebridge in the stardrive section of the ship, and forced the saucer section to separate from the ship, until such a time that a mission could be launched to retake the saucer section.

So these were the major storyline defining moments for our ship. Now that you are all aware of how your actions, while seemingly small and insignificant can have a drastic effect on the story as a whole. So the next time your character is presented with a choice…think long and hard about what might happened as a result. I look forward to presenting more dilemmas to your characters as the game unfolds.

Admin
Captain
Captain

https://yorktown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: What COULD have happened.  Empty Re: Mission 1: What COULD have happened.

Post by Micheal Luther Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Awesome. I really appreciate knowing the other characters decisions. It's pretty appealing to know that my actions started a pathway that resulted in Vessy's eyes being burned out and mayne getting murdered.

Also, way to hold the bridge and chase Sumo off the ship. Things actually worked out rather ideally for the ship as a whole.
Micheal Luther
Micheal Luther
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: What COULD have happened.  Empty Re: Mission 1: What COULD have happened.

Post by Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

you are a horrible person, and i love you

Admin
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAwesome Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 pm

In another could have scenario, this is something I wrote back on July 5th. I got word from the executive producer that things were going in a different direction. However, having several characters demand to know why this didn't happen has prompted me to feel that posting this here makes sense. This is how it would have gone down before the Yorktown even docked at the station had I not been told "Sumo has to escape." I hope you enjoy the "what ifs" the way my geek friends and I always did when watching sci-fi/fantasy shows.

The rescue:

Commander Sumo cursed. The anomalous readings were making him very nervous. One second it seemed he was surrounded by an entire armada. The next it seemed there was nothing but the clouds. He jerked forward despite the inertial dampeners as the ship halted in space.

"Sumo of the Federation. This is Captain Gisberon of her majesty's 14th Legion. You are charged with the crime of abducting a female. You may now voluntarily shut down your engines or we will shut them down for you."

-ping sumo, negative response involving righteousness of following will of prophets, attempt to break free of tractor beam-

Sumo shrieked in pain as the helm exploded, the force throwing him against the bulkhead. Pain mingled with anger, frustration, and confusion at the perceived abandonment by the prophets as he felt the vibration of the engine cease. He stood and drew his phaser. He recalled the holes cut into the derelict Cardassian ships hull and glanced around, unsure of where he should be aiming. The memory of the decompressed Cardassian torso floating in the vacuum within the ghost ship haunted him, though only for a moment.

"Sumo of the federation," the deep voice boomed through the com system. "In the name of Her Divine Luminescence Queen Tervathaki the Mighty and Fair, may her glory never fade, you have been charged and convicted of resisting arrest and drawing a weapon with the intent to use it against citizens of the Queendom. Your sentence will be carried out immediately."

A resounding plunk accompanied a sharp pain in his arm and a force that knocked him into a side panel. His body was screaming to him as he looked down. His eyes grew wide. The phaser, cracked in half hung limply in his bloody hand. His entire forearm was shattered and bleeding, and some kind if metal slug was protruding from his elbow. He tried to stand, to reach for another phaser with his left arm, but the burning pain in his right was making it hard to think or even see. He was just telling himself this was just a test of faith when there was another plunk. It almost seemed to happen in slow motion. He watched his knee explode in a veritable nova of blood, bone, and ligament while he fell screaming to the deck. He wanted to pray but all he could think or feel was pain, miserable, mind wracking pain. Moments later through the red cloud that had become his vision he saw the largest boot he'd ever encountered. Somehow it didn't shock him when the boot reared back and kicked him in the face. He welcomed the blackness that followed like the embrace of an old friend.
TheAwesome
TheAwesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:12 am

Stupid executive producers and their lofty over ambitious ideas ;P

Thanks for the post Daniel, its always fun to play what ifs...What if that one time in high school..., bah never mind.

Admin
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down